Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 29, 2009

First of many updates

First of all, I have to say a big THANK YOU for all the great emails we have received about our blog. It is really awesome to have so much support. And funny story, one of my friends asked if we picked the color of the blog background because it was the option closest to maroon. Of course we did, what do you think it would be - orange? I would hope everyone knows us better than that.

Well, the application is completed. Now we just have to put together all the documents that they need to go along with it - tax returns, insurance info, etc. We should be able to turn it in this week. Then more of the waiting game. We have to keep telling ourselves to be patient and remember that if we were having a baby naturally we would have to wait 9 months so we should not expect anything quicker through adoption.

We should know this week about the training class they are putting together for April. Hopefully this will be easy to schedule amongst the other families that are also in the process. I'm anxious to know how many other families are in the process with us. Not that I'm competitive or anything, but I'd like to get a realistic analysis of what our odds are. Granted, just because we are able to move through the process quicker does not mean that a birth mother will pick us over the other families. It is one of those many things we must give up to God and let him control instead of trying to decide for him.

So what do we do while we are waiting? We are planning a garage sale for the end of April. We have several family members who are donating items for us to sell so hopefully we can raise a lot of money that way. Also, we are supposed to be doing some "required reading" on topics about adoption and raising children. Anyone who knows me just a little bit probably knows how well the reading idea is going to go over. If you take out the required reading from school, I can count on one hand and almost one finger how many books I have read for pleasure. In fact, I can't even tell you the name of the last book I read nor how long ago it was that I read it. I need to ask if books on tape are an acceptable option, although that might put me to sleep while I'm driving which won't be good either.

Next step for the blog is trying to figure out how to use the slideshow option to put a variety of pictures up for viewing.

Gig'Em
Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment