Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Baby Shower....

We had an amazing weekend last weekend. Again, God's timing is Perfect! We were elated when we got our CALL last Friday and what a perfect time to go see family and friends. It was an emotional weekend and it is just what I needed!
We shared our news with our family face to face and were so blessed with a huge amount of support and prayers.
Saturday we spent with family celebrating my cousin's recent wedding. Sunday we spent with family and friends at OUR BABY Shower! I can't believe I said that. It has been a long time waiting and I was so blessed by it. It was a lot of fun to share it with my "girls" from high school and college. They have been my solid support system through all the tears, disappointment, and heartaches. It was only fitting that I got to share this happy time with them. Also, all the moms of these girls, my mom, my grandmas, aunt, and some of my Mom's friends were there. WE had had a lot of fun catching up on each other's lives.
Then the awesome display of baby gifts ........Wow! I was amazed at how generous and caring all of these ladies were with the gifts they showered us and the future baby with. WE all at some point were teary eyed. Me for sure! MOm and I couldn't even look at each other without crying tears of JOY of course! Praise God in all this!
stroller, carseat, pack n play, diaper bag, diapers, wipes, pacifiers, musical "soother", onesies, Winnie the Pooh outfits, handmade blankets (thanks mom!), comfy sleepers, adorable toys, bottles and so many more things.....
We are officially ready for baby. This was perfect timing and perfect giving. I am in awe of how supportive people have been and genuinely excited for us.
Thank you to everyone for everything!
Update: Our birthmom has been to the doctor and everything is going well. The baby is healthy and now we wait. She has chosen not to know the sex of the baby, which is fine for us. It will be surprise! Please continue to pray for her decision and that it will be a peaceful decision and she will be emotionally strong in her decision. It is ultimately what God wants for this baby. Let that be a clear picture for her and for us. Pray for our hearts as well. It is really hard not to know what will happen and not to get too excited.

stay tuned for more details. I am off to help Jerry paint the nursery!

love to all and God bless,
Jenny

1 comment:

  1. We are so happy for you guys!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it, you guys are going to be parents in no time. David and I have been keeping you guys in our thoughts and prayers and we will continue to pray for you. We have been following your blog but haven't posted.... but I think it's time! God is amazing and to see how he is helping complete your family with your first baby fills our hearts with joy. You deserve it and we know you guys will be great (fun and crazy) parents! Can't wait to meet the new addition ton the family

    Love y'all

    Maryam and David Niederer

    ReplyDelete