Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 3, 2010

June 3rd...10 years





It's our 10th wedding anniversary today! We did not know 10 years ago the plans that God would have for us. It is amazing to see the journey we have been on and the amount of growth each of us have had in those 10 years. We are parents now! We are so blessed with such an amazing daughter.

I can't believe how much she has changed and grown. She is hilarious! She is spunky too! We are really starting to see her personality. In the last two weeks she has really started to look older and not so much like a little baby but a little girl. She is still very petite but her motor function and movements are big girl movements. She is grabbing things and knocking things over.....oops... I am having to really watch out now. The other day I had just made me a full glass of lemonade and I set it on the counter. I picked Abigail up and turned and the next thing I knew I had a full glass of ice and lemonade all down my back. How that happened I don't know. I didn't think she could reach that far. hhhmmm....Life is about to change isn't it?? :)

She is so silly sometimes. She loves to hear her voice and it is loud! But it is soooo worth the noise to hear her giggle and play. We swear she can say Mama and Dada but hasn't quite put them together with us yet. Soon..very soon..
Rolling over.........well..sometimes...when she wants to. She doesn't love to roll from back to tummy. She gets frustrated with it, but we are working on it. Her legs are moving non stop! It is hilarious. She kicks them so fast it makes your head spin. It is especially challenging when you are holding her and she starts kicking from excitement. Hold on tight!!

With the 100 cute and sweet things she does there are a few challenges that have come up though.

*She does not love to eat her food. She loves her bottle but food is a very messy and unpredictable adventure. With her starting to babble....the babble gets in the way with eating sometimes. (see picture)

*When she is hungry she is HUNGRY!!! Screams at the top of her lungs like she is starving. Wow! That has really been a challenge. She eats about every 3-4 hours during the day and she sleeps all night long. Since she LOVES her bottle but doesn't love food I suppose she is hungry more often. It is definitely a work in progress. Her and I have talked quite a bit about patience. I have to say...My patience are improving only by the grace of God. Thank you Lord.

However, she is a blast and we are having so much fun with her. Our family is amazing and we are so proud of where we are and we are so thankful for our little blessing.

On this our 10th anniversary....Jerry I love you and am so proud to be your wife and the mother of your daughter. I thank God every day for the man He sent me. Thank you for 10 years and God willing we will have many, many more wonderful years together.

*Jenny

1 comment:

  1. so happy for you 2! 10 years goes by fast i am sure, but enjoy the next 10, they will be filled with laughter from your growing family!

    ReplyDelete