Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Daddy's World & Pictures

Howdy! It is hard to believe it has been two weeks since I've posted anything. I have to admit it was tough going back to work after being home with Abigail since the day we picked her up. I even had to spend a night out of town for work which was really hard, but I know it was even harder on Jenny to be alone that night with Abigail.

Jenny has been great! She takes care of Abigail each weeknight trying her best not to wake me up. We both agreed that since my job entails so much driving, that she would try to take care of all the night feedings/changings so that I would not get tired while driving during the day. She has been awesome and I could not ask for anything better than the relationship I have with my best friend.

On to Abigail, I'm sure that is what you want to hear about right? She is growing and growing. Jenny weighed her yesterday and she is about 8.5 lbs, which is up a pound in two weeks. She's finally out of the newborn diapers and is just about to outgrow the newborn clothes. She is starting to smile more and on rare occasion will smile upon request. She is also becoming a little more vocal, but she still doesn't cry much. We are learning still on the hair care issues but everything else is falling right into place thus far.

Tuesday I took Abigail up to Jenny's Weight Watcher meeting so that all the members could meet her. They threw an unannounced baby shower for Jenny the week before, which was awesome. Then on both Wednesday and Thursday, Jenny took Abby up to her old workplace for two separate meet & greet luncheons so that some of Jenny's former patients could meet Abby. The generosity of our friends has just been amazing. We are truly grateful for everyone and I have a feeling we are going to be taking quite a few people out on our boat this summer. In my mind there is no better way to repay generosity than to take people out on the water for a day of fun and relaxation.

So what is it like being a dad? I can't explain how awesome it is. My little princess is just so beautiful and perfect. She is a blessing and truly fills our house with joy. I know everyone says we should not hold her all the time, but it is so hard to put her down. And you know what - I don't care I'm going to hold her anyway. We've waited 8 years for Abigail to come into our lives and to think that she is not going to be spoiled is crazy.

As I was telling someone yesterday, the waiting felt like forever while we were in the moment but now it feels like it just flew by. It feels like just yesterday we were starting to fill out paperwork with Generations and praying that we would have our baby before Christmas. The most awesome part of this whole journey is the prayers that God answered along the way.

Other adoption related news, we had our first post placement visit with our social worker. It went really well, even the dogs were good. We have basically one a month until our finalization date in court, which we found out this week will be on April 23rd. The next big date is Abby's two month doctor's appointment on December 17th - more shots and I'm not looking forward to that. It is a whole new world of protectiveness for me. I'm not a gun person but I've even thought about taking a couple of gun classes so that I can be prepared for when she starts dating - Abby, when you are old enough to read this I want you to know that is a joke of course.

So let me close by adding some recent pictures. We are trying to capture her hair after a bath but it doesn't photograph very well. It gets so curly and is just so cute.

God Bless!

Jerry

3 comments:

  1. Her hair is awesome! :-) And Jerry I really enjoy reading your entries. They are super sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hold her, hold her, and hold her some more! Forget what people and books say!

    ReplyDelete