Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Week 1 Stay at Home MOM!

Wow! Stay at home Mom.... It was amazing, interesting, exhausting, and so worth it. It was so weird not going to work. It was such an important part of my life that it was almost like I woke up thinking I'm late for work. Even though I miss my coworkers and my patients dearly (I talked to them almost every day last week) home is where I want to be and am blessed to be able to be here. My life has truly transitioned!

Here are a few things I've learned:
*Even little girls can "spray" you
*My right arm is exhausted! Guess I better switch to the left occasionally...
*Sleep.......what's that?
*Clean house.....laundry...yeah right!
*Typing with one hand takes forever.
*Spreading cream cheese on toast is really difficult with one hand.
*Whew......there is a ton of baby laundry to do! oops....there is another wet onesie.....BLOWOUT!
*I love cuddling with my daughter.
*She is so yummy!

Things I am working on.....
*Sleeping when she sleeps
*Not worrying about laundry and dirty house
*Having things in order all the time
*Keeping her spotless hahaha
*Being confident in my "motherly instincts"
*It's ok to put her down for a little bit
*and the hardest one.........letting her cry a little bit..... ugh!

It was an amazing week and I am so thankful to be able to stay with my daughter each day. Jerry is an AMAZING father and is so eager to help whenever needed. In fact, he even says "my turn". Wow!

thanks to each and every one of you for your well wishes and prayers. Stay tuned for pictures and more on STAY at home week 2.

love to all,
Jenny

5 comments:

  1. My eyes are filled with tears of happiness for you! I remember those first few days with Jadon and how special they were. So . . . how often do you just sit with your daughter and just think "remember this time . . . remember this time . . . " It goes so fast!! Enjoy the holidays and the new way the world will look through Abigail's little eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't get a chance to talk to you guys at church today. Glad to hear you are adjusting so well! Watch out or you may need to provide some personal therapy to yourself with that right arm! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cleaning and scrubbing can wait til tomorrow
    For babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow.
    So quiet down dishes and dust go to sleep.
    I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Jenny. This is a great story and I know she is blessing your heart each day. Reading your blog is funny because I can TOTALLY relate to your thoughts as I try to be the best mom for Matthew.
    Mom says we'll visit with you soon, can't wait to meet your little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenny, not a day has gone by since we said goodbye at Getterman that I have not thought of you, Jerry and mostly Abby. She is the luckiest little girl in the whole world. I so look forward to meeting her for the first time.

    Chuck Cagle

    ReplyDelete