Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, April 24, 2009

Garage Sale Day 1

This is going ot be short since I have been up since 3:45 this morning. I awaoke to the thought that the tree in our front yard had limbs haning so low that people would not be able to see into our garage sale. So I was in the front yard trimming branches at 4:00am. It is now almost 8pm so I wanted to just write something small before I crash for the night.

It is truly AMAZING HOW GREAT GOD IS! We had so many people donate items for us to sell and also we had many more people show up on a Friday to buy things. We had people bringing breakfast for us (which was unbelievable and I am serious about wanting the recipe) to one lady who came to just see what we had to sell and then went home and brought stuff to donate to our adoption cause. Truly unbelievable since we had never met her before.

I'm sure everyone is waiting for a total of some sort so I will spare the suspense - I went to the bank about 4pm this afternoon and deposited $1536 into our account. We made an additional couple of hundred dollars on top of that for a first day total over $1750. Considering Jenny's goal was $700 and mine was $2000 we should far surpass our wildest dreams by the end of this thing.

Our garage is still packed and we have more people bringing stuff again tonight and in the morning. We both love you all very much and can't believe how blessed we are to be able to call you all our friends. I will most definitely write more tomorrow and a much longer summary on Sunday - we still have to tell you how the training went on Thursday (it was awesome).

May God bless you all,
Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment