Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

We hope that everyone has a safe and happy Easter. On this great day, I can't help but think how blessed Jenny and I are. The support that we have been given from everyone is amazing. It is so awesome to be able to see God working in us and in our family and friends.

It is hard not to get too excited about having a baby soon, but we know that it will all happen according to God's timetable. He is in control and we have to keep our selfish desires from trying to take over the situation. All we can do is continue to prepare our hearts and our home because we know it will happen some day.

Speaking of preparing our home, you should see the checklists we have for Fire Prevention and Environmental Health. Over 25 items on each checklist, ranging from "Trash is burned in an area away from children" to "Soap and toilet paper are available in the bathroom at all times". You can see that some of these are going to be very easy to pass, in fact most of them are. Espcially since we typically only burn our trash every other week - just kidding, we live in the city. Do you really think we could burn our trash? You better not either - You better be recycling!

There are a few things though that I will need to repair before we pass. Small stuff like a window sill that has broken and is splintered. But for the most part I think we will pass quite easily.

The next few weeks are going to be very busy. Going to Jenny's parents next weekend to pick up items for the garage sale. Then the garage sale the following weekend and the home study the week after that. Not too mention all the time it is going to take to get things ready for the garage sale. Add in work and I'm glad we got rid of our cable last month. Otherwise we would just be wasting it because we won't have time to watch anything.

Enjoy your Easter Sunday. My prayer for you is that you will be able to put your trust in Jesus Christ, for He is Risen!

Jerry

2 comments:

  1. I must say that I am so excited for you guys that my stomach is all in knots whenever I think about it. I can't imagine how you are feeling! We love you guys!


    P.S.I think we need a copy of those checklists. I'm pretty sure Olivia might be in some sort of danger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We burned our trash in East Timor because there was no organized trash pickup. We had to keep the kids from playing with it. I'm not sure why that question is on your adoption forms though!

    ReplyDelete