Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 26, 2009

First trip to Church - 11/22/09

I've told this story a few times now and I know I'm not giving it justice as to just how amazing it was on Sunday. First of all we got to church on time, which is unusual for us...we are usually about five minutes late each week. But we knew there was a big crowd of prayer warriors just waiting to meet Abigail, so we rushed to be on time. It almost appeared like we snuck in because only one or two people stopped us in the lobby area.

We sat at the back of church in our normal section but I was on the last seat in the row so we could take Abby out quickly if need be. The service started off with a worship song and I looked over to see a good friend of ours, Mark. He and his wife Julie have really helped us thru the years with our emotional journey. He looked over and saw Abigail and got a huge smile and then shot both arms straight up into the air, just like a tennis player does the first time they win Wimbledon. That brought tears of joy to my eyes.

So the worship song is over and one of the pastors, Matt, greets everyone and then asks us to greet each other. I looked at Jenny to my right for a brief second and then turned back to my left towards the aisle. We had been mobbed with people in a scene of support, tears, joy and just an amazing outpouring of love. The huddle around Abigail must have looked like the championship celebration of a basketball team, with the crowd spilling out onto the floor to lift up the team on a great win. As Jenny said on our way home - how are we ever going to be able to repay all of these people for what they have helped us through.

Back to the service, people kept coming up to us as they entered church during the worship music portion of the service. And after the sermon but before our dismissal there was another special moment. Matt was going thru the church announcements and I asked Jenny if she wanted me to hold Abigail, to which she said ok. Right after the exchange Matt called on Jenny and I to stand so we could introduce Abigail to the congregation. Everyone turned around to see her as I was holding her in a seated position in my left arm. Matt said some very kind words about our journey to start our family and as he called Abigail's name to introduce her, she stretched and raised her left arm straight up in the air as if to say - that's my name, I'm over here!

God is working wonders in our church and we are living proof of that. We love our church family greatly and we would not be the family we are today without them.

May the peace of Christ be with everyone today on this Thanksgiving day 2009. Do I really need to tell you what I'm thankful for? Really?...I've been up since 3:30am feeding, changing and snuggling with Abby (she's been curled up on my chest as I have been writing this post) and wouldn't change any part of it. Jenny gets the shift until about 4am and then I take over since I'm a morning person. I love it because I get to see her start every new day.

To God Be The Glory!
Jerry

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure we are ALL waiting to hear how Abigail's first Thanksgiving went! And to see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete