Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, November 23, 2009

Mr. Mom - First Morning

I thought I should report out on my first morning alone with Abigail. It started at 2:30am when Abigail was ready to start her day. I took her into the nursery and laid her down on a pillow that was on my lap. she finally fell back to sleep at about 3:30am. So, since I was now awake and watching her sleep, I read over all the genetic history documents that we received from Generations. It was awesome to read about the birthmother's family and her reasoning for adoption. She is an amazing person!

After I took about a 10 minute siesta, it was time for the early morning bottle at 5am. Jenny had just woken up for work so she got the bottle ready for Abigail. After she finished and said her goodbye to mommy, it was time for bed again for both of us. I'm a pretty heavy sleeper so I got as close to the bassinet as I could without being in it so that I could hear her wake up. I don't think it worked though because the dogs actually woke me up at 7:15am and it appeared that Abigail had already been awake. But she was just laying there looking around not making a sound.

So we got up and I started to change her clothes when as I'm getting ready to take her diaper off she starts to make that face. Yep - perfect timing...after her business was done I changed her, lotioned her up and put her clean clothes on. Now that she was clean, it was time for me. I put her in her crib and changed clothes, put the dog beds away and said my hellos to the dogs.

On to breakfast. I made her a bottle because she seemed to be hungry but by the time I sterilized everything and mixed the formula she was asleep in my arms. So instead I made my cereal and sat down to write this one-handed while eating my breakfast, which I finished about the start of the third paragraph. So she is snoozing with a bottle in the fridge ready to go...wait she just spit out her paci cried and looked at me. It's been 4 hours so I guess I need to finish this post off and warm up the bottle.

I hope everyone else is having as much fun this morning as I am! Stay tuned for a post about how amazing our trip to church was yesterday. God is definitely moving in our family and the support we have is truly amazing. As Jenny said yesterday, saying "Thank You" is not enough but it is too hard to express in words just how thankful we are too all of our friends and family.

To God Be The Glory!!!
Jerry

1 comment:

  1. Blogging one-handed...way to go! :) You're learning all the tricks of the trade. I love this post, Jerry - I hope you continue to write like this.

    P.S. I'm proud of you for reading something! Haha... ;)

    ReplyDelete