Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, November 23, 2009

I LOVE MY LITTLE GIRL!

Ok.......it's my turn! :) First of all, how awesome is my husband? He is an amazing Daddy! It has been so amazing to see him just jump in and help. We make a great team! I am so blessed.

Well, let me start from the beginning. This is a story that I haven't been able to tell for 31 LONG days. We weren't allowed to share too much information due to legal issues but now that that is over...here you go.........Let me start by saying......God's timing is Perfect! I have been hearing people say that and I nodded and said "I know..." but really It IS perfect!

My mom found out that she had breast cancer a few days before my 35th birthday (Oct. 11th). I was feeling very strange because as most of you know.....I love my birthday! But this year I was Not going to celebrate because I didn't feel I had anything to celebrate. (I was being a brat! and complaining a lot). So I got through my birthday and was planning a trip to San Antonio to go with mom and dad to the oncologist and breast cancer surgeon appointments. It all started October 14th. I was reflecting and daydreaming on my way back to Waco. I was feeling very negative about the adoption "lack of news" and feeling very sad for my mom and what she was going through......

Then Jerry called and said we got an email about a baby! A birthmom called from the hospital and wanted to place the little GIRL for adoption. What?? So Jerry very quickly said we were more than happy to show our profile and would anxiously await the news. Right then and there I started to cry. God was listening and He is faithful. The next day we would find out that the birthmom chose us and we would meet her 2 days after the birth. We met the birthmom and she is precious. What an amazing young lady! She loved her daughter so much that she chose a better life for her. Most of all she chose LIFE for her! Our journey to Abigail began................

When Abigail was born of course her mom had given her a name but because of confidentiality reasons the nurses in the hospital weren't allowed to call her that. Also, the birthmom was discharged from the hospital the same day as the birth and nobody had come to visit the sweet baby........SO the nurses in the hospital nicknamed her baby HOPE and kept her at the nurses station and loved and prayed over her. "Baby Hope" was discharged from the hospital on the 16th and sent to stay with an amazing transitional family's home that works for our agency. She was placed there temporarily because of legal issues and we were notified that it may take up to 31 days to bring her home. THE LONGEST 31 days of my life!!! But in that time we were allowed to visit our baby.

Speaking of which..........the moment I picked her up I knew she would be ours. A tiny gift from GOD! THose 31 days........we were on our knees constantly with a huge outpouring of prayer warriors praying for patience, guidance and God's will. Wow! It was amazing!

So on the 32nd day........I got a phone call from my mom re: her breast cancer. We were so hopeful that the surgery had gotten all the cancer and that she would not need chemo/radiation. We were crushed when we found out that 1 lymph node was infected and she would need additional treatments. In the midst of all the sadness, I cried out!
2 hours after the cancer call.........I got a call from the agency stating that we could come pick up our daughter in 3 days. God heard my cry and He moved a mountain. I got to call my mom on what may have been her worst day.......and tell her that she was going to meet her granddaughter on Thanksgiving! Wow! I still get chills.

As I hold my sweet daughter in my arms.....I am so thankful. It reminds me that I am not in control and that I will always be on my knees thanking God for my blessings.

LIVE by Faith One day at a time..........

love to all of you,
Jenny

3 comments:

  1. Love the updates! You guys are so cute and so full of joy! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new little bundle of joy!! I found your blog after searching Generations families and am so very excited for you! You have been in our prayers the last month and we are so happy that your dreams and prayers have come true. We are a new Generations family . . . with one little 5 year old that we adopted at birth. Check out our blog if you get the chance! www.hollandfamilycircus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree w/ Jessica - so cute and full of joy. I like the ticker you put at the top of the blog, too :)

    ReplyDelete